Sep 5, 2012

We all have our vices

I'm having a party at my house this weekend and the excitement and anticipation really started to set in on Monday. As I began thinking about my outfit, it's a "black and white" theme, I also started to think about what other primping I would do....

I saw a picture of myself this past weekend when I went to the football game and noticed my smile didn't look as bright as it usually does/as I like it to and I looked a little pale. So, into my bathroom cupboard I went. And I pulled out these quick fix-me-ups!

I realize these are fairly superficial things, but I can't deny that they instantly make me feel better. We all have our vices, and these are mine. 

I started using Crest White strips when I was a Junior in high school just before prom. I definitely over used them because people on the street told me regularly that my teeth were like the color of printing paper. I backed off for a while and then continued to use them every so often. Let me tell you. These things work and work fast! 











My second favorite quick "fix-me-up" Neutrogena spray tan in a can. I swear to you this stuff does not make me look orange and it's waaaay better than fake baking, which I did for four years during my undergrad. Geeez. I can't believe I did it for that long.

I started my freshman year when I went through rush and noticed that every freakin' girl had an end of the summer tan that she just conveniently kept all through the dead of winter! Yes, I fell victim to peer pressure even though I knew it was bad.

I promised my mother I would stop after I graduated, and I did, but that didn't mean that my desire to want to look tan all year long went away. Now, I just fake it in a different way. ;) 

So, after a couple of days of using the strips and a few minutes of spritzing I have a glowing smile and a glowing California tan! I'll post pictures after the party so you can see the results. 

So, what are your guilty pleasures? 

No comments:

Post a Comment