Nov 21, 2012

My cliche Thanksgiving post

On the eve of Thanksgiving, I am sitting in my warm, cozy house wrapping up homework and lounging with my animals. Tomorrow I am off to my in-laws to enjoy a feast fit for a king and while I miss my family in Kansas, I will be embraced by others that love me just as dearly.

My Facebook feed has been blowing up all month with daily 'what I'm thankful for' statuses and I haven't posted one. The truth is, I've been so wrapped up in my own adversities and personal challenges this semester, and others in the last year, that I haven't spent a single moment reflecting on all I should be thankful and grateful for.

The past six months have been a roller coaster. My emotions fluctuate sometimes on an hourly basis between bitter and angry about life and confident and content that this is God's plan and I need to just let go and allow him to work his magic. Some days I am so terribly lonely without Kyle home every night to comfort and support me as I finish up my third semester of grad school that I just want to hide under my covers with the cat and the dog and push the whole world away. Other days, I am ok and we Facetime in the evening and it feels normal. 

When I start feeling like the weight of the world is sitting right on top of my chest, I have to force myself to conduct a reality check and put things into perspective. So, on that note, I thought I would take this opportunity to encompass all that I'm thankful for before I spiral into a black hole the next two weeks as I finish up several major projects and prepare for final exams.

I am thankful for my husband Kyle. He is my rock, voice of reason and love of my life. He would do anything for me.
 
I am thankful for my friends. They commiserate with me, send me notes of encouragement, dress up with me and forgive me when I'm a total bitch.




And of course, my family. I would not be the strong, persistent and passionate woman I am today without their unconditional love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment