Jan 23, 2013

Weekend rewind: crawfish, Apollo Ball and BB King

I'm going to keep this post simple and share my last couple of weekends in photos.

You all know that Kyle and I love to cook. And the last weekend I spent in Biloxi before school started, Kyle and I mostly lounged around and that also often entails cooking really delicious food. Here's a pic of one of our latest creations. If you want the recipe email me! And don't ask about the calorie count ;)

charbroiled oysters with crawfish julie topping
Horray! A coffee shop on the Mississippi Gulf Coast worth talking about. Bankhouse Coffee is in Long Beach, so it's a bit of a drive from Biloxi. It will have to be a treat for myself when I'm there, but I did leave with an in-home iced coffee start-up kit and a pound of their signature viennese roast. They can ship incase you're wondering so browse their site. 


Then I went to my first Mardi Gras Ball courtesy of two good friends that I met at my part-time gig at Garden District Coffee. It was wonderful, I felt beautiful, and made some new friends.

Apollo Mardi Gras Ball, Baton Rouge, LA
And finally, my friend Kate and I stayed the night in New Orleans at the Le Maison St. Charles hotel, toasted to three successful semesters of grad school behind us, and went to a BB King concert. Kate captured a great video. Enjoy the sounds of BB's blues..

Byblos on Magazine Street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment