Jan 18, 2014

Applause or Appall | Do you do your own taxes?

It's tax time again, and while I've never done my own, because I simply do not trust myself with all that adding and subtracting, Turbo Taxes commercials this year are pretty impressive and EMPOWERING.

When I first saw the commercial I actually wasn't even watching TV, I was doing something else and just had it on for noise. But then I tuned in because it sounded funny, and catchy, and the voice was really familiar (John C. Reilly to be exact. He's the actor who starred opposite Will Ferrell in Step Brothers).

The commercial's main message is that since YOU know best what YOU did last year, YOU'RE the best person to answer questions about YOUR taxes. Simple and smart. SPOT ON.

Go ahead and watch, and tell me it's not awesome! 


The creative credit for this video gem goes to advertising masterminds Wieden + Kennedy.  I just wonder how they went about identifying Reilly for the voice over. That might be the most brilliant strategic move of the whole ad.

Well, I'm not really sure if it empowers enough to do my own this year or not, but I'm pretty certain there are those out there that needed just a little push, and I'm certain this commercial did it for them.

BRAVO!

No comments:

Post a Comment